I use affiliate or referral links which can earn a small commission. Thank you for supporting my blog.
Looking for a quick and easy holiday gift idea that you can make or bake? Macaron gift jars are the perfect little gift to say you care. If you're short on time you can pick up some macarons at your local bakery. In Phoenix, I love stopping by French Grocery for macarons or beignets with some chickory coffee. If you prefer to make your own be sure to check out this awesome macaron recipe from Mindy at Creative Juice, she loves them so much she wrote a book. And because I'm all about making things easy I also use this macaron kit I snagged from Amazon. Trust me, this made placement and pouring so much easier when I made macarons.
Once you got your macarons the presentation part of this easy holiday gift is simple. Let's get started!
- Small baby food jars, cleaned and dried. (You could also grab a 4 oz mason jar and stack 4 macarons!)
- Pretty wrapping paper, tissue paper, or fabric.
- Coordinating ribbon or twine
- Gift tags
- Choose the color of your macarons with your paper in mind (or vice versa!) so the result is perfectly matched.
- Cut your paper or fabric into squares big enough to cover the mouth of your jars. This makes assembly much faster.
- Place 2 or more macarons in your clean, dry jar. Seal tightly.
- Cover lid with paper or fabric, and secure with twine or ribbon.
- Complete the look with adorable gift tags!
- Store gifts in the refrigerator for up to 7 days before gifting.
Need to make your gifts well in advance? Use fabric as your cover and freeze your jars for up to 3 weeks before gifting!